The Ps3 Red Screen, also usually called the “red screen of death”, can be dangerous if not fixed right a way. It might cause your Ps3 to literally die on you one of these days, especially if you’re just settling for switching it on and off till it works!
Don’t get me wrong, usually, resetting your Ps3 fixes the problem completely, but when you have to keep on doing it again and again and again, then it just goes to show that resetting it isn’t the right solution.
No, no, no. Don’t go and send your Ps3 to Sony just yet! Seriously, are you really set on spending at least $150? With the steps below, you’ll be able to fix the notorious Ps3 red screen problem right at home, without having to spend a cent!
In most cases, the problem is an outdated firmware. To fix this problem, follow the steps below:
Step 1: Download the latest firmware.
- Go online and go to PlayStation’s website.
- Download the newest version of its firmware.
- Make sure that you have a USB memory stick so that you can transfer the firmware from your computer to your PlayStation.
- Create a folder called PlayStation3.
- In the folder PlayStation3, make another folder called UPDATES.
- Save the downloaded firmware in the UPDATES folder.
Step 2: Transfer the new firmware to your PlayStation 3.
- Plug in the USB memory stick.
- Hold the power button for a few seconds, or until you hear a beeping sound.
- Check your screen – you should be able to see the MENU.
- Install the firmware.
- Wait for it to finish updating.
- Once the update has been completed, reboot your Ps3.
These steps should be able to fix your Ps3 red screen problem. If not, try reinstalling the new and updated firmware again.
Use a Step-By-Step Guide to Fix the Ps3 Red Screen
If you’ve been experiencing the Ps3 red screen error, you should get to work quickly, to avoid damaging your Ps3 more than it already is. Why don’t you make use of a step-by-step guide to help you out? The guide will give you all the steps and basic knowledge you need to be able to resolve the Ps3 red screen problem. It will also give you other options if the easiest ways don’t work for you and your Ps3. It will also guide you through the whole process, as if holding your hand!
Why don’t you take a look at this step-by-step guide? Visit: Ps3 Red Screen Repair Guide
The Ps3 red screen fix is very common, and a lot of users from all over the world have resolved this problem by simply updating their firmware. Most of them also took into consideration using a step-by-step guide, especially those who are less techie. It is advisable that you get your own guide so that you are sure that you get your Ps3 fixed, instead of making its condition worse than before you started tinkering with it!
Don’t know what to do with Ps3 red screen? Find out today! Visit: How to Fix Ps3 Red Screen